The aim of the freepalestine.co.za website is to collate all of the information of the different solidarity organisations & solidarity events in South Africa in one space. While South Africa is abuzz with many programmes, organisations & events, there is no central place (online) where this information can be found. It is our view that this website can serve that specific need.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with content authoring for our website.
- Uploading content & images associated to Palestinian solidarity news related to South Africa
- Contacting Palestinian Solidarity organisations & posting their profiles online
- Managing user subscription list
- 3hrs a week of your time
- Good Regular connection to internet via PC/Laptop/Tablet
- Basic computer literacy (typing, copy & paste, sending emails)
- Basic understanding of the Internet (how to use Google, Facebook & news websites)
- Be passionate about spreading information & news about the occupation in Palestine
What we offer:
This website is run 100% by volunteers. This position forms part of a mentoring programme & is a great opportunity for anyone studying (or looking to get experience in) the online/web development industry. While there is no payment, we will provide free training & continuous support on the following:
- Online content authoring
- Developing, updating & maintaining a WordPress website
- Basic Search Engine optimisation skills
- Creating & managing an online newsletter
Send short CV & letter of motivation (optional) to:
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 086 551 3745
Training is provided by the Young Africans Mentorship Programme. We provide continuous support to schools & community organisations, assisting & enabling them in building websites & developing an online presence.
We also provide formal training in WordPress, SEO & Social Media Marketing.